Antoine Hunter's blessing to Share!

Antoine hunter share his thought and word to the people!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Antoine Hunter thanks Honor Nelson Mendela


As Antoine Hunter and As BDA President Hunter- I want to share a story about my experiences..

Many people Do not know but My 1st Black History Report was Nelson Mandela - "What African American Inspired you?" - . We didn't have Google like we have today. I had to go library READ and find out who inspired me. I remember looking at many books. took me two days everyone else took 1 hours. Finally I put many book together adding most recent dictionary book.

His believing " “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Mr Mandela - made me who I am today as well.

I believe I forgot that...Fail to realized his words stay with me all these years.. Made me "too nice" or "Too aggressive to protect and bring people together even those who dislike you"

Black white yellow or blue, Deaf, Hearing, blind, disable, able body and the Addams Family are to different to me for we all have a heart and bleed..  Said me - @Antoine Hunter.

During my 1st report on Mr Mandela, I decided to make his home Flag with Mr Mandela picture on it. 8 pages long using old IBM or Apple computer and slow huge long loud Dot matrix printing or impact matrix printer . Have to take off the dot paper from the side and my teacher David McGrath gave me A plus plus..

He is my true Roles model - Someone I look up for many years, in honoring him few years created Solo Called " Music Is my air" using music called "Mannenberg" By (Abdullah Ibrahim)..

Asked in an interview how the title came about, Ibrahim said: "Because Basil was from Manenberg and for us Manenberg was just symbolic of the removal out of District Six, which is actually the removal of everybody from everywhere in the world, and Manenberg specifically because… it signifies, it’s our music, and it’s our culture…"

It was said  For the first time ever, Abdullah Ibrahim, formally known as Dollar Brand, went to Robin Island, where Mandela was imprisoned. All forms of music were banned. A lawyer smuggled one of Abdullah's songs into the control room, blocked the doors and played it over the loud speakers. Mandela's first sound of music in decades. You can watch the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiQ0uyqySBg

But today is not about Abdullah Ibrahim's work but about Nelson Mandela - who  27 years in prison and led to the dismantling of the country's racist and brutal apartheid system..

Because Oakland, Ca Is my home and many do not know we have many wonderful History.. I deicide to share this video with my Bay Area people and honor him.. I know my Bay Area People agree with me - He inspired us in many ways and he a true peaceful icon!

ENJOY THIS VIDEO - Nelson Mandela In Oakland, CA- June 30, 1990-
Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums speak and YES of course ASL interpreter (Sorry I dont know the interpreter name if anyone know I'll be happy to add her name) -

ENJOY THE VIDEO..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtiIkA2oGD4

I still joke about this report - I should had fail know why - He wasnt African American

No comments: